IMPORTANT NOTICE: Unfortunately, due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic and following government guidelines the event scheduled for Saturday 9 May 2020 has been cancelled.
On the 8th May 2020 it will be 75 years since the guns fell silent at the end of the war in Europe. To mark this there will be celebrations being held throughout the UK and overseas.
An itinerary for the event has been released detailing what will be happening on May 8th and that weekend around the UK and overseas. Details can be found here: https://www.veday75.org/programme/
VE Day75 in May 2020 is a three-day national and international event that is set to be one of the biggest commemorations of the end of World War 2 in Europe. Tens of thousands of people will be taking part from 8th to 10th May 2020 in a whole range of inclusive events:
• Buglers playing the Last Post & Reveille from the top of the Four Peaks and at many other locations around the world
• Pipers playing the tunes Battle’s O’er and VE 75 Years
• The Nation’s Toast to the Heroes of World War 2
• A Cry for Peace Around the World
• Ringing out for Peace in churches and cathedrals
• Street parties and celebrations at pubs, clubs, hotels, village greens and halls
• Services of commemoration and celebration in churches, including the reading of a Tribute to the Millions and the playing of the Last Post & Reveille
We would like to welcome everyone to a public meeting to discuss plans and make preparations for a weekend of contemplation and celebration for the residents of Ackworth.
Please join the Ackworth Parish Council Village Events Committee at the Parish Council Rooms on Monday the 18th November at 6:00pm. If you are un able to attend but would still like to help plan or support the event then please contact the office on 01977 611583 or email: email@example.com